In the past, thin wall piping was almost exclusively inspected with radiography. Portable ultrasonic equipment were not capable of providing recorded data and were limited by thickness. Currently and with Phased Array technology, it is entirely possible to provide audible results and inspect lower thicknesses than before. Since RT has inherent limitations such as safety issues, environmental hazards and disruption of work schedules, PAUT is a safer and more productive alternative.
Key Benefits of the Solution:
- Replaces radiography (RT), leading to improved safety, quicker turn-around time and reduced operating costs.
- Very intuitive user interface for the technicians, allowing easy transition from conventional UT to phased array UT (PAUT).
- Faster scanning speed when compared with conventional due to phased array volume coverage.
- Possibility to switch between UT and PAUT depending on the inspection procedure.
- Much higher Probability of Detection (PoD).
- For data acquisition, our encoded scanner allows for consistent and repeatable inspection.
- Better results than conventional UT when inspecting very thin weldments.
- Better understanding of the weld geometry when compared to conventional UT.
- Easy to analyse reports thanks to Top View imaging (very similar to X-ray films but provides depth information).